Home Seller Tips
Home Seller TipsJune 5th, 2019 by Allister Remigio
There’s several reasons why sellers use a REALTOR® to sell their home: Selling a home takes time, knowledge of neighborhood trends and negotiating skills.
Selling your home without hiring a real estate agent could mean thousands of dollars back in your pocket, which sounds tempting, especially as housing prices rise. But is it the best move?
There are many websites that allow you to skip the listing agent and offer your home as “for sale by owner” — or FSBO.
But FSBO sellers should be prepared to do a lot of legwork to manage the sales process, with no guarantee of a final sale. Remember the process of finding a home you could afford and getting a mortgage? Selling a home on your own can be far trickier.
Here are five questions you should ask before selling a home on your own.
- Do I know the value of my home in today’s market?
- Am I ready to work with a buyer’s agent?
- Will I take charge of sales and marketing responsibilities?
- Can I bear criticism of my home?
- Am I willing to screen potential buyers?
– 49% of For Sale By Owners (FSBOs) did not actively market their home.
– Only 17% could get the right price for their home.
– 12% understood and performed paperwork correctly.
In real estate, risk can be a scary thing. We recommend getting a professional to help. That’s me! Let’s get started, contact me today!
Source: 2018 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers